Summer time is here! Sleeping in, playing with friends, riding the bike all day, and maybe even going away to summer camp to meet new friends. Whatever it is that kids are up to this summer, there is no doubt that they will have fun (who doesn’t?!). Even if their schedule is jam-packed with sports and family vacations, it is still important to do some silly and random activities during the week. Take a look at this list of 15 must-have parent and kid activities for summer break from school:
1. Ride rollercoasters at the amusement park for a day!
2. Lay out in the backyard on a beach towel and play in the sprinklers to cool off.
3. Go out for handmade ice cream after dinner!
4. See an afternoon movie–it’s a great way to cool off too!
5. Turn off the lights and the TVs and watch a summer storm from the safety of your own home.
6. Go camping!
7. Spend an afternoon at the library picking out some new books to read and movies to watch during the week!
8. Go to your local tourist attraction for the day…whether’s it’s Colonial Williamsburg or the Golden Gate Bridge.
9. Visit your local zoo!
10. Sign up for a week of a new activity–whether it be tennis lessons or a dance class. Your child will be glad they experienced it!
11. Go to the community pool for a day of sun and swimming.
12. Spend the day at the aquarium. It’s air-conditioned, and a great experience because there’s so many cool fish!
13. Visit a museum near your home–whether it’s a large art museum or a low-key museum filled with cool historical info on your own town.
14. Plant a vegetable garden! (Both moms and kids can help pick out plants at the nursey, plant them, and watch them grow!)
15. Bake cookies and play a board game…or two.